Trailer Reno

GUT IT

Gut the whole thing! Take everything out except for the good stable bones.



This is always my least favorite day of any project we ever do. It always reveals more then we bargained for. It leaves me frustrated and overwhelmed. Luckily, I have a husband whom feels super motivated at this point and knows how to put stuff back together better then it was before. If he doesn't know, he learns! Don't ask me how but he learns and I love it. It is a super lovable trait about him.

Have to say I questioned the roof when we bought our 1986 trailer but I shut my mouth as we made the purchased. Of course, as always, I was right!


We unscrewed the light to see how we could get a plastic panel on the roof to cover up the wallpapered ceiling. Water came out of the rusted screw hole. Ah! Yes...the rippled wallpaper revealed leaks and wet wood. Not what we wanted to deal with at all!

I said to Sean-Paul, "I am having buyers remorse."

He saw the look on my face and took over. Finished ripping out the roof while I fed kids and put them to bed. Luckily no mold. We purchased some special roof coating to stop any leaks. We were planning on painting the roof anyway, so why not deal with a leak as well, right?!

To end the day on a positive note, cabinets are painted. Compliments of our painter neighbor and his paint sprayer.

Also, engine and and break cleaner is the key to getting out grease stains on leather, but is very time consuming.


Remote learning starts on Monday so we'll see how much time we can squeeze into working on our trailer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally the BATHROOM

Trailer Reno